We have developed an in-depth, informative and innovative online Fitness Induction. These inductions videos will provide you with advice on how to use our facilities correctly and safely. Simply complete the induction below and submit the form.
All members planning to use Degrees Fitness and/or Weights Areas must complete the online video induction and agree to the Health Commitment Statement. Failure to complete the sections below will result in your card being de-activated.
By completing the form below you are confirming you have watched the online video inductions & read the Health Commitment Statement, and will abide by its contents.
If you have any questions relating the information provided, please contact a Fitness Instructor in Degrees Fitness.
Your health is your responsibility. The management and staff of this organisation are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the facilities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure that our equipment and facilities are in a safe condition for you to use and enjoy.
- We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that our staff are qualified to the fitness industry standards as set out by the Register of Exercise Professionals.
- If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment and facilities you should get advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- You should make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has had first--aid training.
- If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligations which you or we must meet.
© 2013 EIDO Healthcare Limited
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788