The Queen's Sport Splash 'n' Swim Programme provides professional swimming lessons for babies, children and young people. Splash 'n' Swim has adopted the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) national plan for swimming and we specialise in stroke efficiency, water confidence and learning through fun.
We offer an excellent professional development pathway for participants to progress from Waterbabies to our Barracudas or Rookie Lifeguard courses. Participants who develop through the programme will also have the opportunity to be invited to the Queen’s Swim Squad.
Waterbabies is perfect exercise for little ones, since water allows their muscles to move freely and they’re supported by its buoyancy. The class incorporate lots of bonding, fun and socialising.
The Duckling Awards are designed to help children explore and enjoy the fun of learning to swim. They can help you shape your swimming lessons by giving set outcomes and provide a foundation level for swimming. Ages 3-4.
Adult support is required in both Waterbabies and Ducklings.
The 10 Stage Programme
- Waterbabies - Parent & Child lessons
- Ducklings - Parent & Child lessons
- Starfish (Non Swimmers)
- Seahorses (Beginners 1)
- Stingrays (Beginners 2)
- Dolphins (Improvers 1)
- Sharks (Improvers 2)
- Jets (Advanced)
- Barracudas (Swim School)
- Rookie Lifeguard
- Queen’s Swim Squad (Invitation only)
Autumn 2021 Course Information
Splash `N` Swim is finally back for Autumn 2021! We're looking forward to welcoming you all back to the water at Queen's Sport.
- Starts Friday 10 September
- 13 weeks with a break for Halloween
- Re-enrolment for currently enrolled children will end on Monday 30 August
- If you have not received your re-enrolment e-mail and believe you should have, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited spaces available for new enorlments
- Open enrolment will take place on Thursday 2 September
- New enrolments can only be made in person at reception
- Members: £78.00 / Non-members: £117.00
Splash N Swim Lessons Timetable
|Starfish||Seahorses||Stingrays||Dolphins||Sharks||Jets||Waterbabies||Ducklings||Barracudas||Rookie Lifeguard||Swim Squad|
|Friday||16.00, 16.30||16.00, 16.30||16.00, 16.30||17.00||17.00, 17.30||17.30||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Saturday||09.00, 09.40, 10.20||09.00, 09.40, 10.20||09.00, 09.40, 10.20||09.00, 09.40, 10.20||09.00, 09.40, 10.20||09.00, 09.40, 10.20||11.00||11.50, 12.30||N/A||N/A||N/A|
What to Expect When Arriving For Your Lesson
1. Report to reception
2. Follow the one way system to changing rooms/poolside
3. Teacher/swim co-ordinator will meet swimmers at entrance to pool directing to meeting point for each level
4. Teacher takes roll call and takes class to entry point for lesson
6. Exit pool at designated exit point
7. Follow directions to changing rooms
8. Please change as quickly as possible
9. Staff to sanitise touch points in changing rooms for next session
10. Follow one way system back to reception and exit the building
11. Swimmers should bring their own equipment where possible
12. For more information on guidelines or lessons please contact our Swimming Co-ordinator Barbara Simpson - email@example.com
Re-enrolment F.A.Q - Autumn 2021
Q: My child's booking is at the wrong time/I need a different date or time in order to attend.
A: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to see what options are available for your child's level.
Q: My child's booked level is incorrect!
A: Please bear with us as we get everyone back in the water - bookings are based on the most up-to-date assessed booking we have on our system for your child, which may have been anywhere from Winter 2020 to Summer 2021. Some children will have aged out of their booked group, particularly in Waterbabies and Ducklings. This will be addressed in the first week of lessons when assessments will be held as normal. We will endeavor to get every child into an age and ability appropriate group as quickly as possible. Please attend the session your child is booked for and bear with us - we will get everyone sorted out as a top priority.
Q: What about my COVID-19 Lockdown Refunds? Can I use them as a credit instead?
A: Many children may still have a refund on their account pending collection from the Winter 2020 or Autumn 2020 cancellations. If you wish to apply this to your Autumn 2021 booking as a credit to reduce the total price, you may do so but this has to be done at reception - it cannot be done online.
Q: My PIN doesn't work/my e-mail is wrong - what can I do now?
A: First try resetting your PIN using the function available - "Forgot your PIN?" If you have any difficulties, please contact reception on 028 9068 1126 to update your e-mail address or reset your PIN manually.
Q: I didn't get my e-mail - is my place still held?!
A: Yes! Please check your junk mail or spam folder. If you still cannot find your re-enrolment letter please contact email@example.com