Return to Fitness Guidelines
All of us at Queen's Sport are looking forward to welcoming back our members and customers and we hope that you are as excited as we are. Over the past number of months, Queen’s Sport have been adapting to a new way of delivering our facilities. While the University has been planning for a phased return to campus, our guiding principle in planning a return to fitness will hopefully ensure we safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of all of our users and staff.
To make sure we keep you and all of our staff members safe when we re-open we have guidelines that you should follow prior to and during your visits.
Many protective measures have been put in place to ensure the health and safety of everyone at Queen’s. These measures are in line with the NI Executive and Public Health guidance on physical distancing, hand hygiene and controlling the potential spread of COVID-19. These measures have been agreed by the University and is supported by a comprehensive Risk Assessment for returning onsite.
Prior to attending your booking, all participants must assess their health. You should not access our facilities if you:
- Are suffering from a temperature- this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- Have a new, continuous cough- this means coughing frequently for more than an hour, or if you experience three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If you have a pre-existing persistent cough, it may be worse than usual
- Experience Anosmia: the loss of or a change in your normal sense of smell (it can also affect your taste)
- Have experienced any of these symptoms in the previous seven days
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (until you are advised it is safe to return to activity)
- Are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Have been advised to self-isolate
- Do not come onsite if you or someone you live with has symptoms
You will notice as you arrive onsite a number of changes. The University has installed protective measures on Campus to ensure everyone is safe. Social distancing measures have been installed, these may include Perspex screens, one way circulation system, designated up/down stairs and in/out doors.
Hand sanitising stations have been placed on access and egress routes. These may be supplemented by stand-alone sanitising stations where applicable. Our facilities will introduce enhanced cleaning measures, particularly with frequent contact surfaces. Access to changing facilities and toilets will be limited.
Our facilities, based on current guidance and Risk Assessments will have some restrictions in place. We ask that all payments for bookings are completed online or on the telephone before arrival.
We ask that all users arrive on time for their booking, this will assist with managing access and egress. We also ask after your session finishes that you leave promptly and not congregate onsite.
Your safety and our staff's safety is priority.