The vision for Queen's Sport is to be:
"The premier University in Ireland (and beyond) for sporting opportunities which are appealing, inclusive and progressive"
In order to achieve this vision there has been an investment of over £10 million over the last few years in the Physical Education Centre, including:
- Ultramodern, state of the art, 120 station fitness suite with climate control
- Strength & Conditioning suite
- Airconditioned dance studios with full length mirrors
- Increased number of classes and courses with popular options such as Yoga, Bootcamp, Bodytone and more.
- Dedicated indoor cycling studio
- Two storey central climbing wall
- Outdoor training facilities
- Health & safety upgrades to the swimming and diving pools
- New unisex poolside sauna
- Improved sports science/medical support facilities
- High performance and lifestyle centre
- New meeting rooms
- Installation of a new passenger lift
- Disabled changing provision and toilets
- New Clements cafe now open to everyone
- New reception area with scan entry points to minimise customer waiting time
- Extended opening hours - weekdays 6.30am - 10.00pm; Saturday & Sundays 9.00am - 6.00pm.