The vision for Queen's Sport is to be "The premier University in Ireland (and beyond) for sporting opportunities which are appealing, inclusive and progressive"
In order to achieve this vision there has been an investment of over £10 million over the last few years in the Physical Education Centre, including:
- Ultramodern, state of the art, 120 station fitness suite with climate control
- Strength & Conditioning suite
- Airconditioned dance studios with full length mirrors
- Increased number of classes and courses with popular options such as Yoga, Bootcamp, Bodytone and more.
- Dedicated indoor cycling studio
- Two storey central climbing wall
- Outdoor training facilities
- Health & safety upgrades to the swimming and diving pools
- New unisex poolside sauna
- Improved sports science/medical support facilities
- High performance and lifestyle centre
- New meeting rooms
- Installation of a new passenger lift
- Disabled changing provision and toilets
- New Clements cafe now open to everyone
- New reception area with scan entry points to minimise customer waiting time
- Extended opening hours - weekdays 6.30am - 10.00pm; Saturday & Sundays 9.00am - 6.00pm.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788