Applications are now open for 2015-16 Queen's student intake
(closing date Friday 27 February 2015)
Late applications are also still open to prospective Students September 2014 intake
(closing date Friday 26 September 2014)
To download an Online application form please choose from the menu to the left.
BELIEVE IN EXCEPTIONAL
Queen’s Sport have launched a new Elite Athlete Programme (EAP) which will provide prospective exceptional students a platform to achieve their sporting and academic goals.
- A new programme to attract sporting scholars placing academia and sporting ambition together in equal measure at Queen’s University Belfast.
- To assist in the promotion and development of Sporting Academies and Clubs by the attraction of elite athletes.
- A substantial academic mentoring programme established to ensure athletes have the right environment to achieve not only in sport but long after their sporting career has finished.
- To increase the profile of Queen’s University Belfast in order to attract external funding from sponsors and external donations.
- To act as a Queen’s University Ambassador when participating in Queen’s Recruitment initiatives throughout your time on the programme.
Eligibility and Application Process
It is important that potential EAP members, in addition to being exceptional sports people, demonstrate that they are academically interested in, and able to undertake, their preferred degree programme. There will be no flexibility with gaining entry via admissions to the University.
- Applications will open in August 2014 via queenssport.com
- Applications are open to current and prospective students of Queen's University (September 2015 intake)
- Submit online application by 12pm, Friday 27 February 2015
- Athletes will be shortlisted and chosen for interview by Awarding Panel - March 2015
- Applicants awarded conditional offer for place on the programme – May 2015
- Confirmation of place at Queen’s University Belfast – August 2015
- Year 2 of programme begins – 29 September 2015
*Other Academy and Bursaries are available through the Rugby, GAA, Soccer and Ulster Bank Sports Bursary schemes – Online Applications are only accepted from full-time students at Queen’s and should be submitted by Thursday 2 October 2014.