Applications for the 2014 Elite Athlete Programme are open
To access the online application form, please click here.
BELIEVE IN EXCEPTIONAL
Queen’s Sport have launched a new Elite Athlete Programme (EAP) which will provide prospective exceptional students a platform to achieve their sporting and academic goals.
- A new programme to attract sporting scholars placing academia and sporting ambition together in equal measure at Queen’s University Belfast.
- To assist in the promotion and development of Sporting Academies and Clubs by the attraction of elite athletes.
- A substantial academic mentoring programme established to ensure athletes have the right environment to achieve not only in sport but long after their sporting career has finished.
- To increase the profile of Queen’s University Belfast in order to attract external funding from sponsors and external donations.
- To act as a Queen’s University Ambassador when participating in Queen’s Recruitment initiatives throughout your time on the programme.
Eligibility and Application Process
It is important that potential EAP members, in addition to being exceptional sports people, demonstrate that they are academically interested in, and able to undertake, their preferred degree programme. There will be no flexibility with gaining entry via admissions to the University.
- Applications will open on Monday 30 September 2013 via queenssport.com
- Applications are open to current and prospective students of Queen's University (September 2014 intake)
- Submit online application by Friday 31 January 2014
- Athletes will be shortlisted and chosen for interview by Awarding Panel - March 2014
- Applicants awarded conditional offer for place on the programme – April 2014
- Confirmation of place at Queen’s University Belfast – August 2014
- Year 2 of programme begins – 29 September 2014
*Other Academy and Bursaries are available through the Rugby, GAA, Soccer and Ulster Bank Sports Bursary schemes – Online Applications are only accepted from full-time students at Queen’s and should be submitted by Friday 11 October 2013.