Applications open Monday 5 September for 2017-18 Queen's student intake
For more information on the Elite Athelete Programme click here
BELIEVE IN EXCEPTIONAL
Queen’s Sport Elite Athlete Programme (EAP) will provide prospective exceptional students a platform to achieve their sporting and academic goals.
- A programme to attract sporting scholars placing academia and sporting ambition together in equal measure at Queen’s University Belfast.
- To assist in the promotion and development of Sporting Academies and Clubs by the attraction of elite athletes.
- A substantial academic mentoring programme established to ensure athletes have the right environment to achieve not only in sport but long after their sporting career has finished.
- To increase the profile of Queen’s University Belfast in order to attract external funding from sponsors and external donations.
- To act as a Queen’s University Ambassador when participating in Queen’s Recruitment initiatives throughout your time on the programme.
Eligibility and Application Process
It is important that potential EAP members, in addition to being exceptional sports people, demonstrate that they are academically interested in, and able to undertake, their preferred degree programme. There will be no flexibility with gaining entry via admissions to the University.
- Applications will open 5 September 2016 via: www.queensperformancesport.com
- Applications are open to current and prospective students of Queen's University (September 2017 intake)
- Submit online application: DEADLINE EXTENDED 28 February 2017 before 5pm
- Athletes will be shortlisted and chosen for interview by Awarding Panel -April 2017
- Applicants awarded conditional offer for place on the programme – May 2017
- Confirmation of place at Queen’s University Belfast – August 2017
- Programme begins – 29 September 2017
*Other Academy and Bursaries are available through the Rugby, GAA, Soccer and Ulster Bank Sports Bursary schemes – Online Applications are only accepted from full-time students at Queen’s Friday 16th October 2015.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788